Study Process after 3 May
In view of the current coronavirus situation and in accordance with the proposal of the COVID-19 Coordination Team at the University of Ljubljana based on the opinion of epidemiologists and infectologists, the University of Ljubljana Rector, Igor Papič, has adopted the following resolution:
If the situation allows and the restrictions now applied by the Slovenian Government are relaxed, the following recommendations shall apply for the University of Ljubljana after 3 May 2020:
1. During the 2019/2020 academic year, instruction shall be carried out online wherever this is possible and does not compromise its quality.
2. Practical training shall take place in the following form (if this is made possible by decrees from the Slovenian Government):
- One-on-one training with an advisor (research, training in a simulated environment or classroom);
- On-on-one training (e.g., clinical training) at teaching institutions if this is made possible by the institution;
- Other forms of instruction may be carried out under the following conditions: The required physical distance (of at least 1.5 m) can be maintained;
- Hand washing and the use of hand sanitisers are provided for;
- Appropriate personal protection equipment is provided for the relevant type of activity (face masks, etc.). The instructor should check the recommendations provided on the NIJZ and Health Ministry websites or consult an epidemiologist;
- Objects and surfaces are disinfected when the group leaves the room;
- Rooms are aired;
- The class is as short as possible;
- Before class, the instructor must clearly inform all students to stay at home if they show any symptoms or signs of acute respiratory infection and follow the known recommendations (contact their GP or doctor on call, etc.). Before the class begins, the instructor must check again that all students are healthy;
- The Faculty produces appropriate protocols for preventing the spread of the new coronavirus and protecting individuals against infection (personal protective equipment, hand washing and hand sanitisers, etc.).
3. Until further notice, learning and teaching in larger groups at teaching institutions, such as hospitals, retirement homes or classrooms, are postponed until the end of the epidemic.
- Online oral exams and theses defences are recommended;
- Online written exams or substitution with other forms of written exams are recommended. If the restrictive measures are relaxed, exams can be carried out normally if the conditions specified under Point 2 are met.
This resolution shall take effect immediately and shall apply until it is revoked.
Ljubljana, 15 April 2020